Friday, March 20, 2009

Frills get in the way, you idiot

I will concede to at least one improvement in how vampires have been portrayed over the ages. That would be the death of frills.

It's basic science that any flying/swimming Being will have a streamlined body. However, popular vampire fashion is absolutely anti-aerodynamics.

What makes more sense? It being easier to fly naked or wearing body-fitting clothes? Or when you are covered in reams of tulle, net, lace and other such delicate fabric.

Personally, I find vampire fashion in popular fiction and movies quite offensive to my sense of fashion. Over the years that I have seen womens' (under)garments change from corsettes to crotchless; I have NEVER worn anything as ridiculous as flimsy nightgown and gone hunting.

In the era before spandex -- uncomfortable despite the number of 'superheroes' who've worn them -- and then subsequently lycra (thumbs up) were invented; I hunted naked.

There's just something to be said about warm blood trickling down your breasts.

Sorry to disappoint you RH Smith, vampire brides is a myth.

No comments:

Post a Comment